There are a wide variety of resins available to the plastic extrusion industry, but two major categories in particular make up the large majority of resins – thermosets and thermoplastics.
A vast number of plastic materials make up subgroups of thermosets and thermoplastics. These include, but are not exclusive to, many different types of resins that Plastic Extrusion Technologies uses to create products for our clients, such as:
- ABS – a type of Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene plastic
- PC/ABS – a polycarbonate/ABS composite
- Acrylic – a clear plastic that often resembles glass
- Hytrel – an elastomer with the flexible properties of rubber
- E.V.A. – an elastic polymer that can be processed like a thermoplastic
- Flexible PVC & Rigid PVC – Often used in construction, for tubing or as wire
- Polypropylene – Excellent impact resistance in cold weather applications
- Polyethylene – High and Low density Polyethylene resins are known for their high chemical resistance properties
- TPR/TPO – Thermal Plastic Rubber / Olefin resins used most often in automotive and sealing gasket applications. Excellent cold temperature properties. Also a good alternative to certain thermoset rubbers. Able to be colored.
- Nylon 6 – Resin known for its toughness and resistance to wear
- Noryl – Resin with excellent electrical characteristics. Good for high temperature applications where RPVC fails.
- Polycarbonate – Resin that has excellent impact resistance and clarity
Contact us to learn more about our Plastic materials and resins and receive the quality products you deserve from Plastic Extrusion Technologies.